Saturday, November 5, 2011

I Think I Wanna Marry You

Thank you, Bruno Mars, for being the inspiration for my new blog post.

So I've been sitting for the past hour with my left arm palm face up, stiff as a board. I happen to have an incredibly intricate Henna tattoo on my forearm. I'm still waiting anxiously for the paint to dry. Currently, I'm typing away in my "Lean like a Cholo" position- one shoulder lowered and one raised real high. I have to keep the tattoo straight and keep the paint away from the keyboard. It's surprisingly quite a workout. I may end up sore tomorrow. Bad news, considering I have yet to recover from last week's aerobics (relief society, I'll tell that story another day).

But, let's cut to the chase. Henna tattoos and a red dot on my forehead. Why? DIWALI, India's Festival of Lights. As we all know, I'm a avid fan of Bollywood so naturally, I went to the Indian festival to see what it was all about. It was an epic, entrancing escapade and I did not want to "escapay" as Mutter would say. I desperately wanted to bust out my Dhoom 2 moves (perhaps Bollywood's greatest movie ever made), or my Bollywood moves learned from none other than Mumbai's own, Terence Lewis. But, being on a date, I refrained myself- for which B and O would be proud ( while families share what families share, dates most certainly do not). Though in all honesty, if they had played Jai Ho, I would not have been able to contain myself.

And now for the blog title. I'm sure your heart stopped beating when you saw the blog title. Marry who??? You were probably wondering. Well, you won't be disappointed. I have determined I need to find an Indian man (this may be a slightly improbable goal but if I'm to aim somewhere, why not aim for the stars? or is it shoot for the stars? Either way, you get the idea). Wouldn't I have the most fantastically fun wedding if I succeeded? I can see it now, 10 hour Lagaan playing in lieu of a wedding video, catering by India Palace, Bollywood style dancing, and the best part, Henna tattoos for all!


Here is just a taste of what it could be like. You're intrigued. Don't even try to deny it.



-I'll make it happen. And if not, I'll not settle for less than Prince Albert.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun reception. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am coming for sure. I, too, have become a.Bollywood fan. So glad you have started the blog again!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Follow