Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Favorite Things

I was rereading some of my posts today, truthfully to see how boring they were, and of course, I was instantly Burrow sick. Burrow sick? sounds like mad cow disease or ring worm and with me, you never know. But in reality I mean burrow sick as in home sick for my home away from home. WIEN.

Oh wunderbar, ausgezeichnet, Wien. I miss the Prater, the Opera, my Kunsthistoriches museum. Zanoni and Zanoni, the Rathaus. I'm perturbed that I would even make this next statement but, I miss Sisi. For goodness sakes. I thought I'd never see the day when I missed her. I especially miss marillen knodel. And lovely breakfast by Geraldine each day. But, that's enough reminiscing. In honor of Wien, I have written a poem.


My Favorite Things (Sung like Maria Maria)

Nutrition, Nintendo, Nikita, new novels
Music, old movies, and ice cream on waffels
Traveling and shorts from Rainforest cafe
These things I love at the end of the day

Rodeos, carnis, parade candy stashes
Theme parties and dressing up in false lashes
Jcrew, Sephora and jewelry that blings
These are a few of my favorite things

Snowflakes, full moons, rain, and crashes of thunder
Fireworks, HP, Disney Land full of wonder
Dance Parties, musicals, left-handedness
These things I just love above all the rest

When school stress strikes
When sickness sets in
When I'm feeling down
I simply remember my favorite things
And completely turn things around!

5 comments:

  1. haha beautiful poem, Lauren. Kudos to your literary loquaciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice poem, it truly does reflect you :)

    (ps: I believe I may have mentioned that you would be missing Vienna the minute you got back!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely little poem! it even fit with the music (i sang it, just to be sure). but i did notice that you left out two of your most favorite things (ep and purple blankie ring a bell) (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly amazing. Now you have started writing poetry. I also sang it to make sure it worked, and it did! Yes, I was just thinking this week about my fabulous trip to Vienna. It was full of wonder and beauty. I would love to go back some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know your blog lived on much past Vienna. Start it back up again. Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Follow