Thursday, May 3, 2012

Das groBe Jahr

Be kind, please rewind, to several weeks ago, February 27th to be exact. My B-Day. I realized I never published my birthday post (no wonder I never received blog birthday wishes). I decided to tweak it a bit and show my post to the world. Here's a disclaimer for you. The majority of it is from the February 27th, 2012 me, scout's honor. You can never be too careful these days. After all, I have progressed leaps and bounds since then (Miss College Grad, I think yes). So without further adieu, happy belated birthday to Moi! Und dann bin ich alt geworden. 23. I'm old. I'm ancient. At least B. seems to think so. You can imagine my surprise when, upon looking in the mirror my birthday morning, I saw this...



But only for a split second. I'm sure that is just how I'll look when I'm riding a unicycle in the Body Worlds exhibit. I tried to google a picture of that as a teaser but alas, I guess no one has thought of that idea yet. Though, I did come across a Body Worlds picture of poker players. If they can't set me up on a unicycle, I suppose this is the next best thing.


Forgive me, I don't mean to spook you. In all honesty, I was rather taken aback by this photo. Poker playing cadavors. Who da thought?                                                                                                          

 

 Oh 2012, the year of being 23. I know this year's destined to be a great one. I can feel it. It's going to be a big year. Just like the movie. For someone who has yet to see it, I've rather taken that movie to heart. 23 is a lucky one, as Michael Jordan would say. A year for adventures and doing great stuff. A year of fun, where you can never be crazy enough. First things first, big adventure=Check. In a few weeks time, B and I are going to have a Japanese experience. It's crazy. It's wild. But life's too short to not take opportunities as they come, no matter how insane they seem. As for the rest of my year, I'm optimistic. There are fabulous things in store, I know it. I'll keep you posted. And on my birthday next year, I will say with satisfaction, that I had a big year.

3 comments:

  1. Here's to an exciting adventuresome year! Japan will be so fun! I can't wait to hear a ll about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those cadavers are creepy! I am glad you are moving forward with optimism. I love the idea of a "big year." I also loved the movie; you should watch it sometime if you have time between your adventures. Japan will be amazing. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that mom is already telling us to have a great time in Japan as if she'll not see us before then (I assume she will drive us to the airport) :)

      I never said that you were old (I consider myself a spring chicken). That pic was to describe what you will look like when you are 127 years old.
      the poker cadavers were strange. I guess I need to go to body world's to see the unicycle specimen.

      Delete

Subscribe and Follow